Tue May 21, 2013
Find out where you can drive 70 mph in July
Beginning July 1, the speed limit on some Ohio interstates increases to 70 mph. The Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) is making some new signs and updating others with the new limit. The cost is $8,287.19.
ODOT outlines the new speed zones below. You can also click here for a large map.
- From the Indiana border in the west to just outside of Wheeling, WV in the east, excluding Dayton, Columbus and Zanesville
- From the Jeremiah Morrow Bridge in southwest Ohio to just south of the border of the Cuyahoga/Medina County line in the north, excluding Columbus
- From just outside of Toledo going south until just north of Dayton, excluding Findlay and Lima
- From just outside Akron going east to just west of Youngstown
- From just outside of Canton south to the West Virginia border
- From just outside of Cleveland to the Pennsylvania border